Single Parents

Hi/Lo for the week

What's your High/Low this week?

Low: SD told me I was ignorant regarding SIDS, and that it was 100% preventable with good parenting. The one thing my family isn't is ignorant about SIDS. And, we know better than most that it's not preventable at all. The added dig at my sister sent me over the edge. I pretty much saw red and fell apart. Not a day goes by, especially right now, that I don't think about my nephew. He'd be three. On August 29, the day DS start peak SIDS, it will have been 3 years to the day since he died. We miss him, and feel it that he's not there.

High: DD turned 16 yesterday! We went to dinner and my parents bought her the Doctor's pocket watch from Doctor Who along with Sun and Moon jars from ThinkGeek. They're so cool! I want one now, lol. They look like something you'd see at the Blue Bayou restaurant at Disney Land. I bought her a Doctor Who shirt that has the TARDIS (a British Police Box) painted Vincent Van Gogh style on it. Her favorite episode is "Vincent and the Doctor", where the travel back in time and meet Vincent Van Gogh. Made me cry. She'll also get a Nook or kindle, her choice, when I go back to work.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml