Single Parents

Living situations

Ok, so I have a question for our single parents...your living situations. 

I know that many of us (most of us possibly) ended up not only single parents, but financially swimming (ok more like drowning) at the same time.  And we all know, kids are expensive.  Which leads many of us to have living situations that are possibly less than our ideal. 

Pretty much most all my monthly income goes to daycare...yes I work to pay daycare, not pay daycare to work, I have a great job and good pay, but daycare is expensive...so I have little left for rent.  I can't afford a two bedroom, so little lady and I share a bedroom.  It is a pretty good situation, a nice place, nice location, and a really big bedroom, so she gets half and I get half.  It works out nicely with her being only 11 months.  But clearly, this won't work forever.

My questions, one, what do you ladies do?  And two, how long do you think it is do-able for us to share a room?  My initial thought was by age two I would need to figure out something else, but as we quickly approach one, I think I might be able to stretch it to age three.  Just wanted some input from others out there.