Breastfeeding

Convincing DH baby doesn't need bottles

Let me start by saying that DH is and has been very supportive of breastfeeding even making sure I reached out to a friend/collegue of his that's a LC when we've had minor issues.  BFing is going really well, sure we've had an occasional hiccup here and there but it's to be expected .  I am SAH and am becoming more comfortable NIP so while I've pumped and left a bottle a couple of times I left DS at home, I've always made it back in time to nurse so he has never needed to take a bottle.  Every few weeks though DH brings up the question about when we want to introduce a bottle.  In the early days I explained to him how it would actually be more work than just nursing and that I'd have to pump while he was eating anyways.  He understood and I thought it was a done deal but he's started raising the issue several times recently so I know we're going to need to sit down and have a discussion about it. 

Frankly since I am SAH and it's going so well I really don't feel the need/desire to introduce a bottle at this point unless we run into a situation where I'm unable to nurse anymore.  Furthermore I've heard/read of a number of people skipping bottles completely and just going to cups (sippy or straw) and in my mind since DS is now 3 months old it's not going to be very long before we could try cups. 

To be clear DH doesn't want me to stop BFing but I think he's not used to a dynamic where baby doesn't take a bottle.  Any suggestions or tips on how I can convince DH that it isn't necessary that DS be able to take a bottle regularly?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml