Single Parents

Ugh... fathers day (long)

I don't post on here regularly but I have posted in the past and just need to get this out...

I'm currently 19w4d pregnant and the father is a PITA. The long and short of it is that he has decided that he wants a DNA test and as a result of numerous issues we have had he has been informed that until he petitions for one and the results show he is the father and he is not welcome to be involved. Well about 2 weeks ago he knew that I would be finding out the sex of the baby yet due to the fact that I have had to file harassment charges against him he was not notified. A few days after the scheduled appointment he contacted my mother and asked for information to which she did not respond. I feel very strongly about keeping a distance from him due to the previously mention issues we have had yet today (of course!) I wake up with an overwhelming amount of anxiety and guilt over the fact that I'm not contacting him and that it's fathers day and he doesn't even know the sex of the baby.

I talked to my mom about the situation and she reminded me that he is the one who made the choices he did which resulted in him not being involved and I should in NO WAY feel guilty about not contacting him.

I agree with her, YET I still feel terrible and guilty and super anxious.

Can someone please tell me to chill!!!!!

Sorry for the kind of long post, I just feel terrible and was hoping that some of you women in similar situations can remind me that I shouldn't feel this way... 

IAmPregnant Ticker