Breastfeeding

No milk yesterday...

This really freaked me out... up until now I've had a good milk supply... LO has been gaining and having many pee-poopy diapers...

Yesterday I could not get enough milk to feed her.  I also tried pumping, and only got a little over an ounce where I usually get around 4 ounces.  Her diapers were pretty much dry as well... I didn't do anything different, drink plenty of water, etc... She spent most of the day at my breast.  I wear a nipple shield, and usually the milk is dripping from it after a feeding, but it was dry.

Towards the end of the day, I gave in and gave her a little bit of refridgerated BM, and I also stripped her down and had some skin-to-skin time, with her at my nipple... I finally had letdown and she started to feed.  I woke up in the middle of the night and pumped 5 ounces then... And today my supply seems to be back to normal.

It really scared me because I was frightened that I was going to start to dry up... I thought it may be clusterfeeding, except like I said, her diapers were dry and she didn't seem to be getting very much milk at all...

Has this ever happened to anyone else?  Any idea what it might have been?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker