Breastfeeding

completely overwhelmed!

Hi ladies, my LO is only 4 days old. I am totally overwhelmed by this breastfeeding thing. While we were in the hospital, the peds saw that she was a bit dehydrated, and told me to supplement using a syringe until my milk came in more. Now I feel as though my milk has come in, but it seems as though LO is never satisfied. My husband and I are at our wits end, and sometimes end up just giving her formula so that she will go to sleep because it seems thats the only way she gets satisfied. I feel like a horrible mother for giving up so quickly, but at the same time, I know she needs restful sleep as much as I do. (which has only been like 8 hours since she was born) 

She latches on very good, and luckily I have a nipple sheld otherwise my nipples would have fallen off already. But it seems she likes to fall asleep at the breast. When I try to wake her, I burp her, and try to get her on the other breast, she ends up doing the same thing. Just falling asleep. When I say 'ok.. maybe shes just tired" and I go to lay her down, or let her sleep on my skin, she stays wide awake and starts suckleing on her fingers, or on my  neck or whereever she can, so then I start to feed her again.... and we go through this for about 2-3 hours! I'm exhausted... I'm tired, I'm crying all the time... I dont know what to do. Everyone keeps telling me I'm doing a great job, and that it takes time. But I'm really stressed over this constant routine and not even knowing if she's getting enough to eat.  

please help me... 

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker