Dads & Dads-to-be

DH doesnt want to celebrate Fathers Day...

Dh lost his dad when he was 19.  We will be 30 this year. I dont know what it is like to lose a parent, thank God, so I dont know what it is like to be a male losing your father.  We have been together for 5 years, and it wasnt until this past Christmas that he even wanted to put up a tree, a tradition he enjoyed with his dad that made him really sad every year.  (with good reason, I do understand that).  This is his first Fathers day, LO being 3 months old now, and he doesnt want to celebrate at all.  He doesnt want a gift or a card, doesnt want to even really talk about it being fathers day.  I wanted to make it really special for him, but I dont want to cross any boundaries either.  I just feel like his dad would not want him to not celebrate being a dad, having a great father in law, and having a great step dad.  Am I crazy, and if I do something, do you think it will be disrespectful or...I dont know, will I be out of place?

Sorry to post on your board, but I like that we can get dads opinions on things!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker