Breastfeeding

Ftm - questions re let down and timing

While my son is still in nicu I am pumping. My milk came in a day or two ago (he will be 5 days old today!) and I'm getting a good amount I believe (about 3.5 oz per session every 2-3 hrs) but I have a few questions. I didn't get to take my breast feeding class yet because he was so early so I hope these aren't dumb. 

1. I notice that my right side "shoots" and my left side "dribbles" is that normal? My right side almost always produces more too but I've heard that is normal.

2. I know I should pump for 15 mins... I am currently using a medela symphony because my son was premature and they wanted me to use a hospital grade pump.  But if I still have milk coming out at 15 mins should I pump until empty? Is it different if I am producing a lot at that time (shooting) versus just dripping a bit?

3 I've heard that massaging your breasts while pining can decrease engorgement and cause another let down during a session.  Any tips?

I appreciate all your help. You've been a wonderful resource and I hope to be more involved after my crazy time in the nicu ends!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml