Breastfeeding

Back to work next week & baby refusing bottle - help!

DS1 went back and forth between the breast and Tommee Tippee bottles with no problem.  I thought we lucked out with that and wanted to get DS2 used to bottles early just in case so we'd be sure he would take bottles when I went back to work.  Looks like it wasn't that easy!

He was taking milk from our Tommee Tippee bottles left over from DS1 without much trouble.  I started offering bottles at 2 weeks old every other day.  He would even take them from me.  Then he was sick last week and had to be in the hospital.  When I had to be separated from him overnight he was fed bottles of expressed BM or formula (had to supplement while he was there) and the nurses commented on how he seemed to hate bottles.   They did find that Dr Browns seemed to work best for them and they were able to get up to 3 oz in him at a time, though most feedings were smaller.

Now that he is home again he is refusing bottles.  We've used warmed BM with the nipple of the bottle warmed up under warm water.  We've had DH try feeding him while I'm out of the house.  We've tried holding him the same way I do when BFing and positioning the bottle similar to my breast.   We've tried Tommee Tippee, Dr Browns, and Avent bottles.  I bought one of almost every kind of bottle at Target yesterday and we're going to work our way through those to see if we find one he likes better.

Since I'm going back to work next week and will be separated from him for 10 hours a day 5 days a week I would love for him to take a bottle again.

Has anyone else been through this and gotten LO to accept bottles again?  If so, what worked for you?

Thanks! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers