1st Trimester

Anxiety about weight gain

OK...looking for some support,advice, thoughts.

A little background - I was overweight most of my life until college - probably about 35-40 pounds overweight.  When I went away to college, I started eating right and exercising and lost all the extra weight.  As I got older, some of it came back but i was completely at a healthy weight.

During my first pregnancy, I had gained 30 pounds before entering the third trimester.  My doctor was concerned that I was gaining too much.  It was frustrating for me because i've had to be so weight-conscious my entire adult life.  On top of that, during my first pregnancy I was eating very healthy and exercising 4-5 times per week.  I gained almost no weight during the third trimester so in the end my doctor thought I gained an appropriate amount of weight.  I lost all the pregnancy weight within 4 months.

Fast forward 2 years and I've gained a few additional pounds back.  I'm OK with it because I work a full time (plus) job, like to spend time with my toddler, try to exercise 3 times a week, but I"m just not able to be as fit and eat as healthy as I could before I had my daughter.  I'm in the healthy weight range but not tiny.

I just found out that I'm pregnant (YAY) and according to my blood test I'm about 4 weeks along.  I am already SO hungry and have already gained 5 pounds.  Is this possible?  Any chance its just bloating? I'm so worried that I am going to gain way too much weight way too fast and might not be able to lose it.  I also dont want my doctor to come down on me for the early weight gain.  I still eat pretty healthy (I'm not perfect, but not pigging out on junk food ever).  My regular clothes are already feeling tight at 4 week...so i'm getting worried.

Any thoughts?

s