1st Trimester

Ectopic Pregnancy Question

I truly don't mean to be insensitive to someone's past losses, but I was wondering if anyone here had experienced an ectopic pregnancy before and could give me some advice.  I am having moderate cramping in the exact same location in my lower pelvis, and have been for a week.  I've also been having brown/pink spotting.  I've called my doctor 2x, and they've said that if I have bad pain in one spot or bleeding that fills a pad every hour to go right to the ER (my first real appointment isn't for several weeks; this is over the phone).  They did send me for bloodwork yesterday and I'll do it again tomorrow to see if my levels have doubled (doubled levels apparently don't indicate a problem).  

I guess my main question is, do you think I would feel *actual* pain or could cramping that makes me have to sit down for a few minutes also be an indicator?  It's worse when I pick up my son (toddler).  I really don't want to go to the ER unless I truly have to because my parents would have to watch my son tonight and we don't want them to know yet.  

Any thoughts from someone who's experienced this?   I know we're not doctors, but I've heard what my doctor said and I'm still unsure of what to do.

BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker