1st Trimester

Just made me wonder a little bit...

So, this is my second pregnancy.  I had DD in an amazing hospital that has an amazing reputation in labot and delivery.  We moved out of state since then, and I have heard terrible things about this hospital.  My friend just had a baby and I went to see her and also to check out the hospital..It is extremely nice and the nurses were very sweet and professional.  My friend said she had a wonderful experience there.  I possibly might be willing to give it a try, but something worried me a little bit.  This was my friend's first baby, and she said it was all great but that she had to have a c-section.  She said they told her the baby was too big.  She was 8lbs 4oz and 18 inches.  That is NOT a what-you-would-call a "large baby". SHe was clueless about everything and she would have been very easy to tell her anything and she would believe it.   My doctor had told me stories of hospitals he knew of that had a 30% c section rate and it was proven that they performed them unnecessarily.  They often did then around quitting time in the evening so they could go home.  My friend had hers at 4 PM.  I may be reading to much into this, but I am just so nervous to have this next baby in a brand new town, doctors, and hospital.  I know i probably don't have much to worry about since I have had one vaginally already, but I still just feel uneasy and I DO NOT want an unnecessary C-section.  That, with all the other negative things I have heard, what do you think? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml