1st Trimester

What to do about a friend that copies your pregnancy?

Long story:(  I admit, I am writing this while I'm annoyed, so sorry if you think I'm being mean or selfish.

My friend, who I am Godmother to her first child, has always copied me. If I do or buy something, she buys or does the same thing. She had been discussing with her husband possibly having another baby, but they weren't sure when and so on.(She has health issues)

The second I told her I was pregnant, she said she had to get pregnant too so she could be pregnant at the same time as me. Sure enough, the next month she is pregnant. This bothers me because having a baby at the right time and making that decision with your husband is special and important.(especially if you are not quite ready yet) but Not because I'm pregnant and you just want to be because I am.

Now she is someone that needs attention, she is just this way. I am a super private person. I mention this because if we do anything or speak to people, it turns into about her. I'm used to her being this way and it usually bugs me a little, but we all have our little things.

I feel as if I'm being selfish, but I want to go through this myself(with my husband too of course) and experience this awesomeness and everything that comes with it by myself and for the first time. Not with someone talking over me about their first pregnancy and this and that. I know how she is and this is how it would be. Heaven forbid anyone asked how far along I am, she would take over the conversation and make it about her and how far along she is and this is her second, and blah blah blah. I know this woman well and I'm not exaggerating.

If anyone has had this happen to them, which it probably still does. How did or do you handle it? I should be very happy for her but I can not help being annoyed. She just let me know she was pregnant and I haven't spoken to her yet. I don't want to seem annoyed. I don't want to hurt her feelings, but I am annoyed. I'm used to her copying other things but pregnancy is a big deal and this is something that I wish I could have on my own and not have her copy me..again. But, that is hopeless now.

sorry for the vent 

BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker