Breastfeeding

How do you get through it?

I got home from the hospital yesterday and I am still having a really hard time breastfeeding.  It will be going really well half the time and the other half not well at all. I have an appt with a lactation consultant but I can't get in until early next week. When I was at the hospital they had given my baby formula supplement at night because I had a very rough delivery and he wasn't eating and I needed the break at night to rest.  Basically I feel like I have screwed myself over breastfeeding wise because every migr I have given in and given him a bottle.  He nurses constantly at night back to back feeding for abut 4-5 hours straight. I am in so much pain from my nipples that eventually each night I give in and give a bit of formula so I can sleep an hour.  Of course I feel so selfish and I feel like I have screwed it up already.  I can't keep up with his hunger but I also feel like I'm just giving in because I'm tired and in pain and really guilty.  How do I et through the night without supplementing and is it too late already? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml