C-sections

C-section or not... I've got a week to make the decision.

Well, my OB wants me to make the final decision between having a vaginal or c-section delivery and she wants me to decide by next Wednesday. No flip flopping once I decide. This is completely stressing me out! I feel like either way I go, if anything were to go wrong and cause problems for my LO then I'm to blame.

Here is the reasoning behind the choice. I have a history of vaginal trauma (not birth related) followed by recurrent and chronic vaginal fissures (small tears after sex or vaginal exam)and vaginal scar tissue (which doesn't stretch). My gynocogist, who has treated me for the tearing for the past 8 years recommended a c-section for me when I met with her for the preconception counseling. I haven't seen her since getting pregnant. My OB, who has only heard and read about my history, is letting me decide what is best for me but she says if it were her she would try vaginally because 'you never know if you will have a 4th degree tear until it's too late'.

I completely understand that she can't tell me what will or won't happen. I wish I could know!! However, with sex and/or a simple vaginal exam causing tearing and bleeding I don't beleive there is any possibility that vaginally birthing a baby can occur without major damage. With the pain and issues I already have tearing significantly could make this much, much worse. Could... Or could not, according to my OB.

So in the end, it's my decision. I have a medically justified reason to go either way. I am leaning toward the c-section but have to admit it scares me. I am so afraid of making the wrong choice and something going wrong with LO and it being my fault. I guess I am just hoping for some input, thoughts, advice, etc. from women who have had a c-section and possibly had to make a decision themselves, even if for different reasons. I know you can't make up my mind for me... I'm just looking for some points to consider.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml