1st Trimester

A First

Hey gals,I'm new to the world of motherhood, and being just 5.5 weeks along, I'm glad to have a community to link to as I go through my first pregnancy and as I wait to unveil the news to the rest of the world. While this pregnancy is not a complete surprise, it is pretty surreal and I never thought I would be so nervous/paranoid following the news! I feel like everywhere I read, something is said about the likelihood of miscarriage in your first pregnancy. I am terrified that as I take hold of this little life, I'll only be devastated by news that it has slipped away. I gave my mom the news early for her birthday today and she is ecstatic. I wish I could be as excited as she is, but I am so scared that this pregnancy won't "stick." I have my first appointment on June 11th, so about a week away. The OBGYN I will be going to will not do an ultrasound until 11 weeks, so I fear that I'll be a hot mess until then. Anyway, just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat, or those who have traveled this path have any thoughts/suggestions as I wait? Open to any new-motherhood advice too! Thanks girls!-EB