1st Trimester

Higher blood pressure when pregnant?

I have always had a normal/healthy blood pressure.  I am not overweight, I exercise daily, and I eat a healthy diet.  My blood pressure has been elevated since being pregnant.  At my first OB appointment last week it was really high, 150/100!  It was most likely because I was really nervous, she retook at the end of the appointment and it was 140/85.  I have been monitoring it at home since, and it has been around 145/78.  This is really concerning me and I will be bringing it up at my next appointment in a few weeks.  Should I be concerned?  I am not sure what else I can do to lower it.  I do not eat meat, my cholesterol is not high, I have no history of high blood pressure, the fats I do eat are healthier fats (plant based), I eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, and I exercise daily (even while pregnant).  Does anyone have any experience in higher blood pressure while pregnant?  Can you take blood pressure medicine while pregnant if it ends up being necessary?  Does anyone have any tips other than the obvious that I have been doing to lower blood pressure? Thanks in advance.
BabyFetus Ticker
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Me:35, Using frozen donor sperm. 2009-2010 - several non-medicated "at home" frozen donor sperm cycles = BFN
IUIs 1-3 in 2010 = BFN
4/2012: IUI #4 w/ new RE = BFP Missed m/c due to turner syndrome at 9 weeks, discovered at 12 weeks 3 days on 6/21/12. :(
Summer 2012 IUI 5 & 6 = BFN.
Was planning on moving onto IVF but insurance is requiring 3 injectable IUI rounds.
11/12/2012 - IUI #7 75 gonal-f cd3-12 + trigger. = BFP on Thanksgiving!
Beta 1 at 14dpo = 261 Beta 2 at 16dpo = 639 Good NT scan and Negative MaterniT21 test. It's a boy!