Breastfeeding

Those still BF'ing their 12-24 month old, please come in

I am just curious what BF'ing looks like for those who are doing this with their 12-24 month old.  My long term BF'ing goal was a year, but after doing some research, I am thinking about aiming for 2 years as a stretch goal.

I am 8 months out, and have been able to keep up my supply since going back to work full-time, three months ago.  I've barely made a dent in my freezer stash, (but I've been rotating the stock, and its at about 700 oz.) and am wondering if there is anything I can or should be doing now to enable me to continue to BF past a year.

I am specifically curious to know how often you nurse a 12 month old, and an 18 month old.  When do they drop nursing sessions?  If you work full time, when do you drop pumping sessions?

Right now, I pump three times while at work, but occasionally I can only do it two times on a given day. My son eats (meaning nurses or bottle feeds EBM) between 6-7 times a day, and he takes 3, 5oz bottles while I work.  I am sorta hoping he won't be eating as much at 12 months, and that I would be able to go down to 1-2 pumping sessions in a workday.  I also pump one side (LO nurses from the other) every morning, which helps make up for the occasional missed session.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.  Thanks! 

TTC Child #1 Sept '08, Dx: Unexplained, DOR 2 IUI's = BFN, m/c, IVF 1 = 0 embies to put back, IVF 2 = BFN, IVF 3 = cancelled, IVF 4 = BFP with 1 embie. Our son came into our life on 9/28/11. We are in love! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker