Breastfeeding

Weaning sadness

We have been BFing for almost 8 months now, which is longer than I thought we would.  I went back to work when DD was 12 weeks and have been pumping for daycare since.  My supply has dropped and my job has been mroe demanding than ever, so I have decided that it will be best for all of us if I wean during the day (DD does great with formula supplement). I had wanted to gradually wean and still nurse at night and in the morning, but it looks like that isn't going to happen.  I dropped down to 1 daytime pump and am getting only 2.5 oz. from that pump.  She is so uninterested in nursing at night that, unless I pump, there's no way I can keep my supply up at night.  So, we may be able to keep up the morning session, but it looks like the others are pretty much done.  It happened so much faster than I thought it would, which is making me kind of sad.  I am not sure what the point of this post is, but I guess I just had to get that out there. Thanks for listening and for all of the support the past 8 months.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml