Babies on the Brain

This sucks (daycare related)

Since DS was 12 weeks old, he has been going to the same in home daycare.  He loves it there.  The other kids are great and it's a great kid/provider ratio.

She (the DCP) called on Saturday to give us notice that we have to find another place.  Her step-son is going through a nasty divorce and he and his 4 kids have moved in with them and she has to start watching those 4, who are all under school age.  So she is dumping all of her under 5 year old kids.

DS is painfully shy so the transition is going to be rough.  I talked to a couple of centers and the rates are more than double what we are paying now which is not in our budget.  DH and I just called about 20 in-home daycares and there was ONE that had an opening.  Trying to find a spot for an infant on short notice is a nightmare.  We have until mid-August because DH is a teacher and can keep the kids for the summer once I go back to work in 4 weeks.

Just feeling sorry for everyone involved in the situation (us and those kids whose parents are getting divorced).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml