1st Trimester

Getting to a healthy weight in the first trimester

Hello all!

This is my first post, so I am excited to be popping my board cherry! I am actually curious if anyone has had experience with losing weight while pregnant. My DH and I are newlyweds and have packed on some "nesting" weight, as I like to call it... I would be much healthier if I dropped around 30 pounds, and the baby would be too... Obviously, I DO NOT want to restrict calories or nutrients while I am pregnant, ESPECIALLY no in this early stage, so I have been avoiding ALL processed foods and not having any refined carbs... basically... if I am hungry, I eat... I just eat things that are closest to the way the grow... fresh produce, oatmeal, lean meats, real dairy products, etc... does anyone have any pointers on how to stay on the healthy weight loss track??? Just to clarify... I am not stuck on losing a number of pounds... I just want to get to a size and weight that will enable me to not have to worry about gestational diabetes, and will make carrying easier towards the third trimester...