Breastfeeding

Chronic painful clog- day 4- galactocele?

Hi ladies.  I haven't been here in a long time, but I am in desperate need of some advice.  I just got back from a trip to the ER b/c I am on day 4 of a horrible clogged duct in my left breast.  It is so large that the breast actually looks deformed- actually according to the ER doc it is several smaller clogs all around the same area.  She suggested they could also be galactoceles- milky cysts in the breast- but that the early treatment is the same (nurse, pump, massage, hot compresses).  
I have been doing all of these things practically around the clock for 4 days.  It's also not my first go-around with clogs... I've had about 5 or 6 but they usually break up within a few hours.  I also had severe mastitis at 7wks PP.  The doctor gave me Z-Pack to prevent infection but basically told me to just keep doing the same stuff, and it's definitely not working.  I'm in so much pain, I can barely lift my arm or hold my son (7.5months old).  The ER doc said to follow up with my OB by Tuesday if there's no improvement...am I unreasonable to think that a week is a long time to suffer with this? I know it's a holiday weekend and all, but if the end result is going to be to excess the cysts (as per my OB over the phone when I called the night service), why can't we just do that now at the ER and save me 3 more days of pain?

Does anyone else have any advice or experience with galactoceles?  Online research is never good b/c every page that pops up on Dr. Google is some sort of cancer-related site :/