Austin Babies
Options

XP: C ou nt y L in e is NOT family friendly!

I'm XP'ing this from PB. Another Bumpie over there posted this. There is quite of a few moms commenting on the County Line on the Hill's FB page. Here is the original post:

We took the kids to dinner at 5:30 (DD 12 years, DS 10 months). DS does this thing where he screeches every once in a while if he wants more food. Not a prolonged scream or crying, just a little "Hey! Give me more potatoes!" We were surrounded by families with kids and DH and I smiled as there was another fam with a baby about the same age doing the exact same thing. Neither baby was causing a commotion IMO and I am SUPER paranoid about disturbing people at restaurants. If I think he is getting too loud one of us ALWAYS takes him out for a walk.

Anyway, we had been there about 20 minutes when a manager came up and said people were complaining about the noise and he was sorry but he had to ask us and the other family with the baby if we could take our babies outside! WTF?!! This is a family restaurant, it was before 6:00, it is a LOUD bbq place not a 4 star establishment. The have a freaking talking deer head on the wall!

I immediately asked for boxes and left. The other mom was livid as well - she came up to me and was like "can you believe this?!? This is why we come early, this is a family place."

I saw the manager talking to a couple in a booth and I think they were the ones that complained. They were probably in their 30's and on a date it looked like. Where did they think they were, the Ritz? I think the manager was totally in the wrong on this one. He basically had 10 angry people storm out just because one couple complained. Like I said, this is a family restaurant, not a fancy date night (especially not during "family hour").

Ugh, just had to vent. Oh, and we saw like 4 other families with babies walking in as we were leaving the parking lot. DH was like "I should warn them not to go in unless their baby is completely silent at all times."
Lilypie First Birthday tickers