New Mexico Babies
Options

What the hell is wrong with Lovelace Women's?!

I called to start doing prenatal care yesterday, they told me that the ONE person who schedules those appointments is out -- apparently Rose is the only person who can do this? Anyway, Rose calls me back today and was totally rude! First she told me that I HAD to see a midwife and not an MD because midwifes ARE OB/GYNs???? What the heck does that mean? I'm not an idiot, and Midwifes DID NOT GO TO MEDICAL SCHOOL. I saw a midwife for my last pregnancy and it was a total disaster that ended up in my baby almost dying and an emergency c-section -- I DO NOT WANT TO GO THROUGH THAT AGAIN. Then she told me that I could NOT see anyone until I was 8 to 10 weeks (I'm exactly 7 weeks today) and then tells me that the next available appointment is June 18 -- which puts me at 11 weeks! Also, I have to go to an 'orientation' before I can even see anyone and if I fail to show up to orientation they will cancel my appointment.

Is Rose just being rude to me? I can't figure out if she is a horrible person or if she is just stuck in the bureaucratic system?  Anyone else has had these problems with Lovelace Women's? 

If anyone can suggest another practice that takes Cigna, please let me know, this is a really bad start to a long journey and I would prefer not to work with them if this is the way they treat people!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml