Breastfeeding

I have mastitis...again. :(

I had mastitis 3 times with my first son (at 4 months, 10 months and sometime after a year).  The first time was the only time I needed antibiotics.

I got mastitis for the first time with this baby on Sunday.  Man, I don't remember it being this unbelievably horrible.  My fever was up to 103.8 and I could hardly do anything but lay in bed.  I was throwing up and couldn't eat.  Turns out the antibiotic that I called to get was sub-therapeutic (in the doc's defense, when I called on Sunday, this was pretty mild...just fever and achiness but no read breast or anything).  So, I called the doc again last night and they doubled my dosage. 

Man, this really, really sucks.  And I keep getting people asking me why I keep doing this to myself (because I have a history of chronic clogged ducts, very thick milk, etc.).  Makes me question myself sometimes.  Like I need that on top of feeling this badly.  :(

Can I do anything to try and prevent this again?  My baby is 11 months old and there is no sign of weaning soon.  I don't want to wean him unless he wants to, ya know?  But, I can't do this again.  It's much, much harder going through this with 2 kids now.  :(