Breastfeeding

Supply regulation? What does that mean?

Ok, so I keep hearing that your supply "regulates" around 6-8 weeks, or that your supply is established?  I guess I'm unclear as to what that actually means.

My baby is about 10 weeks old.  I BF her during the day, and she gets a pumped bottle of milk before bed and in the middle of the night if she wakes up.  I pump before I go to bed and I pump in the morning before she wakes up (I would drop this session if it weren't for the fact that my toddler loves to be up with the sun, so I might as well pump because I'm nearing the point of engorgement anyway, and my DD doesn't usually wake up until 8am or later). I have no clue whatsoever what my DD consumes (ounce-wise) during the day.  She usually can finish a 5oz bottle around bedtime (8ish) even if I've fed her an hour before. In the middle of the night, she typically takes 4oz or a little less.  When I pump at night, I usually get 6-8oz, and in the morning I'll get the same. I rarely pump until nothing is coming out because I don't want to deal with OS (I had major OS with my first) but I can usually get that many ounces in 10m or less in the morning.  Also, I'm not pumping any "extra" sessions - I just freeze the additional ounces that she doesn't eat, which is usually 3-5oz a day. 

My question is, I'm sure my DD doesn't take 6-8oz in a nursing session, so am I still dealing with OS? Has my supply "regulated?" Should I be doing anything differently?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml