Single Parents

First visit to this board

Hi everybody,

I'm also a member of the August 2012 board, but have recently realized that I need some additional support from some people in my situation.  I won't make my intro too long, but it needs to be said.  My husband and I have been married since 2008.  We tried for a couple of years to get pregnant while on fertility medication to no avail.  Then, in October 2011, we finally had the blowout that broke the camel's back, so to speak and, after I asked him to spend a couple of nights with his father, he decided to move out completely.  I was crushed since we had just bought a house a couple of months before and he took my 7 year old stepson with him.  Now he lives in a different town than me and, since we found out I was pregnant last December, we have tried marriage counseling several times with no luck.  I am alone in a 4 bedroom house, paying a full mortgage and all of the medical bills, while working 2 part time jobs.  He has made it very clear that he doesn't want to get back together to "solve my financial problems" or until I make some changes.  After months of struggling to make things work and stay positive, I have resolved myself to the fact that this man is not going to be around and I am going to have to make the best of my situation alone.  Other women have raised children alone, so I won't be a first, and this child couldn't be any more loved if she tried!  I'm due in August and I have no maternity leave for either school I work for, so that is an issue, but for now, I'm just rolling with the punches.  I have been very blessed with this little one, but am very frustrated with my husband who, at this point, still says he hasn't thought about divorce, yet still plans on living a town away.  I have a lawyer friend who says since I make more than him, I should let him file first because the longer he waits, the more it will show that he can live independently of my income.  I know that when this baby comes, though, that I will have to file because I'm not going to let him get away with having babysitting be his one and only contribution.  Sorry this wasn't as short as I promised!  I am happy to make some new friends and share in your experiences.  Hello everyone!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml