1st Trimester

Probably not twins

I am writing this in response to many people, not anyone in particular. Please don't take offense if you recently wrote about thinking that you are carrying twins. I have seen it several times lately, as well as many times in the past. Again, this is not towards any one person. I am soooo tired of people writing that they are sure that they are have twins. Most of us feel huge and bloated during first tri. We all feel like there must be more than one baby in there causing our pants to get so tight. Guess what ... it's normal! Tight pants first trimester does not equal twins. From all I have heard, high betas does not necessarily indicate multiples as well. I have twins in my family, 4 co-workers with twins (must be something in the water), and friends with twins. Through all of these pregnancies, I only know one girl that gained a lot during the first trimester. However, she had fluctuating weight issues in general. Yes, many do gain more weight with a multiple pregnancy, but it doesn't necessarily happen in the first few weeks before you have your first US. So, no matter how many people tell you that you must be carrying twins at 6 weeks pregnant, you should probably wait until that first ultrasound before buying two carseats. Just saying.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml