3rd Trimester

DH won't be there (In June too)

So I am delivering 45 minutes away, and sadly my DH's job is contract work, which ends in 2 weeks. He is being picked up for the next job, but it will be 3 hours away. He will be here on the weekends, but will be gone during the entire week. Which doesn't give me a very big window for going into labor while he is home. He'll be leaving 2 weeks before our son's due date.

All my family lives 45 minutes away (IN the town I am driving TO for my delivery)... was just wondering if anyone drove themselves to the hospital while in labor? I can't imagine this would be a good idea. But staying with family in town is not an option, as I have no one to watch my cat or dog, and NO ONE is willing to let me bring them with me (not to mention, we have no idea how long I'd be staying with them since baby boy's delivery day isn't exact science).

Any suggestions... I'm already really upset that DH probably won't be here for our first baby being born. It isn't going to be easy. He's the ONLY one who is supporting my choice to go natural. Scared to do this without him.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml