January 2010 Moms
Options

Dealing with Mother's Day (whine and pip)

Resolve had a good article about planning something special to help cope with all the pain that Mother's Day brings the IF.  They suggest take the emphasis away from Mother's Day and plan something fun together like a hike, movie, trip to the beach. Are you doing anything to help cope?

I've tried explaining to DH how much I do not like church on Mother's Day but he does not get it. We'll go to church. I'll hate it. Then we'll go to lunch and someone will ask me if I am a mom and I'll hate it. Then I'll come home and pack and leave for Asia for two weeks. I'll toast Mother's Day on a 23 hour flight with an Ambien, 6 movies and a few infertiliy books.

This article I thought did a great job explaining why church can be so hard. I posted it on FB. Maybe 1 of the 3 pastors on my friends list will read it. I sent it to DH also. We used to go to a church that said a special prayer and blessing over the infertiles but we go to a different church now, and it will not be easy.

I think I feel a cold cominig on already.

Why the hell don't I give up? 5 years. Come on, Heather. You don't effing work.

For those not in fb group, my sweet mom gave me kokopelli earrings and a sweet card as she knew I'd have a hard time. Kokopelli is the fertility God. I prefer to think of it as a fertility angel. Not a great pic but here it is

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml