Breastfeeding

Night weaning

My DD is one tomorrow. She weighs 21+ lbs. She loves table food, drinks BM while I'm at work. She is still waking up anywhere between 1 a.m. and 4 a.m. to nurse at night. I've been fine with this arrangement and have done nothing to stop it as I read somewhere (KellyMom I think) not to expect a baby to STTN before they're one.

But as her first birthday approaches, I'm ready to get some good sleep again. I often have trouble falling back to sleep after I nurse her. Probably 3 or 4 nights a week I never go back to sleep. I have a demanding job and the lack of sleep is starting to get to me. I told myself that I would nurse her at night until she's one and then evaluate the situation. Now that it's here and she's still night nursing I'm ready to do something about it.

We've never sleep trained or done CIO, I think that might be hard for me. Any other suggestions? She goes down at 6:30 p.m. and usually wakes around 6:30 a.m. (besides her nursing session). During the day, she nurses when she wakes up and after each nap (2) and then again before bed. She eats three solid meals plus a snack. Suggestions please!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker