Breastfeeding

Mild Mastitus - take antibiotics or no? supplements?

Hi,

I think I have mastitus. I paged my OB but since he was on call delivering babies he was in a huge rush so didn't listen much to me and just called in antibiotics. I don't want to take them unless I absolutely have to because I'm scared of getting thrush. My LC hasn't returned my calls. I read on Kelly mom that if it's mild you can keep removing milk from the breast and wait to take the antibiotics but I'm not sure what qualifies as mild. I'm cold, temp is 99, feel achy, and my left breast is warm and tender in one spot. It's painful if I hold my LO and he is pressing on that breast, and it hurts to massage the spot, but it doesn't hurt to nurse. However he won't nurse much from that side at all and the pump is not removing all the milk. I tried warm compresses, hot showers, and hand expressing (it won't come out that way either). What do you think, wait on antibiotics or take them now? If I don't take them and LO and pump aren't removing milk will my supply take a hit? I'm also currently on fenugreek and goat's rue and don't know whether to go off of them? Thanks so much for your advice!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml