1st Trimester

Doctor blew my cover

I'm scheduled to have genetic testing done at my hospital next week.  My doctor has all my current contact info and my fiance's contact info.  My cell phone is the number that they should call me if they need to talk to me. 

Today the hospital calls me on my cell to go over some information and to register me.  The woman then goes on to tell me that she had called a different number to get a hold of me and this turns out to be my parents phone number.  She spoke with my dad and she told him that she's from the admissions dept at the hospital.  Well I haven't lived there for quite some time and now she has alarmed my dad and he thinks that i'm going in for some surgery.  The woman from the hospital couldn't go into any further detail with him but the damage has been done. 

I'm only 10 weeks and was not ready to reveal this to anyone yet.  My mother starts blowing up my phone and finally i answer it and try to give some excuses but she's persistent and finally i succumb and reveal my secret.  I'm so upset that this is the manner that i had to reveal my pregnancy to my parents.  I wanted it to be a little more special than that. 

Why couldn't she just ask for me and not reveal that she's from the admissions dept of the hospital?  Why did they call that number first to begin with?  I had some minor procedures done at the hospital back in the day when i lived with my parents and that's the only reason why they may have that number on file. 

I just needed to vent.  I can't say for sure if this was the fault of the hospital or my doctor's office who may not have given them my current info.  I know it's not the end of the world, and my parents were happy for me.  But this stuff shouldn't happen.