3rd Trimester

Scared about maternity leave..

I am posting this here because I figure you ladies have looked into this or know whats going on already....

So I work in a small dental office (dental hygienist), so the FMLA does not apply. The maternity leave is 6 weeks or 8 weeks for a c-section. A co-worker told me that the office manager will want me to quit work 2 weeks prior to the due date so that there are no surprises. No big deal. But then she said that the 2 weeks before counts into my 6 weeks maternity leave. Whatttt??? So they will want me to come back 4 weeks after giving birth to a very physical job? Isint that illegal?! Another co-worker told me that she went on medical bed rest 2 weeks before, then had a c-section and the office wanted her to come back 6 weeks after which would equal 8 weeks total but she fought them and they backed off. But that was 10 years ago.

I do not want a fight or have to stress about this. The best solution is to talk to my office manager but I'm scared what she will say! What if I have to go on bed rest for a month before, are they going to expect me to come back 2 weeks after giving birth?!

Anyone else in this boat?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml