3rd Trimester

Remaining registry items? WWYD

Hi ladies!

I was wondering how I should go about this - our shower was on Saturday, and only about 19 of the 116 items that we registered for were purchased. Most of it was practical stuff, which is great and we're really glad to have received those things, but there are still quite a few things that we need. My question is - how long do we wait until we start to buy them ourselves?

The only reason why I'm asking is that there were a few people who couldn't make our shower/weren't officially invited because we knew they wouldn't be able to make it (for example, DH's side of the family lives about 6+ hours away and doesn't travel, so his mom said to just send the registry to those who were interested in seeing it - those people contacted us and we did send them the website - but that it wasn't necessary to actually invite them 'on principle'), who said that they wanted to get us things for the baby. For them, May 5th wasn't a date to buy things by of course, and based on what they said, it is definitely possible that they will be getting us something but a little later. We're definitely not EXPECTING them to buy us things - the only thing that's throwing us is that DH's aunt already said that she put something together for us and FIL keeps asking very suggestively whether we got a car seat yet (which was on our registry but wasn't purchased). Of course, we can't and WOULDN'T ask them when/if they are still planning to send us any gifts, but we also don't know how long to wait and see if anything else is still coming... My EDD is 5 weeks away, so of course we don't want to wait too long, either.

How long would you wait/what would you do about purchasing the remaining items in this type of situation?

TIA! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml