Breastfeeding

questionnaire for EPs

Starting last tuesday I began EPing for DD and have been pumping and feeding every 2.5hours during the day and 4 hours at night (8 times per day).  DD actually sleeps really well especially at night (I have to wake her for the 2am feeding and the 6am feeding she is MAYBE starting to stir.  Throughout the day I have to wake her up for her feedings as well (because we are playing catchup after not gaining weight for a week),  On tuesday we will re-weigh and if she is over birth weight then I guess we don't have to stick to these scheduled feeds.  Honestly, I think she would naturally only wake up for 6-7 feedings her day (she takes 3oz per feeding now and weighs 6.5-7 lbs).  So I'm kinda wondering how often I should make her eat, and how often I should pump.  At this point I am producing an extra 4 oz of milk per day and each day that quantity is increasing.  FWIW I EBF DS for 2 years and block fed the whole time because I tended toward oversupply.

Even if she only eats 6-7 times per day, think I should still pump 8 times to establish supply?  If so, for how long? 

At this point postpartum did you pump a certain number of times per day, or did you pump as often as baby naturally ate? 

If your baby STTN early on, did you wake up to pump even if DC didn't wake up?  (At night DD's first stretch of sleep has been 4-7 hours.)

At what point did you begin pumping less?

I appreciate all your advice as my experience with BFing is pretty good, but my experience with EPing is VERY limited!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker