Success after IF
Options

Almost made it to 2.5 before turning carseat

I finally had to do it this week because Alana exceeded the weight limit.  In fact, I should have turned it 5 months ago!  I thought the weight limit was 40lbs, but, in fact, it was 35lbs, and she was that at her 2 year appointment in December.  Oops!

Now, the forward facing weight limit is 65lbs, so, I assumed she'd be in this carseat until she moved to a booster, but, the techs who turned her seat for me (we have a weekly carseat installation/inspection station in town where they do it for you), who, by the way, were incredibly impressed that I kept her rear-facing this long, told me that they think she'll exceed the height on this seat inside of a year and I'll need to buy a whole new seat - a carseat that converts to a high back booster.

Of course, we'll do whatever we have to do for her safety, but, man, I didn't think I'd have to get another expensive seat!  Did this happen to anyone else and, if so, what did you end up getting (I'm not buying yet, obviously, because they are always coming out with seats with higher height and weight limits)?

Lisa
Not a newbie, but, had to create a new account - formerly LBR_NJ

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Blog - "Helping Make Sense"