3rd Trimester

Doctor refuses to have a birthplan?

Okay so I am really thinking about changing doctors, even this late in the game.

First, he informed me that he induces rather than waits for birth to happen naturally because he only delivers on Wednesdays. he JUST told me this last week. I am going to talk to him at my appointment on Monday and tell him that I absolutely refuse to be induced unless it is medically needed.

Second, I asked him when we were supposed to sit down and figure out a birth plan. I have a lot of things I want. I want to go natural. I want to hold him immediately after. I do NOT want him to be given a bottle or formula. I do NOT want to use a pacifier. I want my husband to cut the cord. Etc. According to my doctor though, he "doesn't do a birthing plan". How does the nursing staff know all of this without a birthing plan?I am going to print out the one on the bump, and answer all the questions and take that to my appointment Monday and see what he says. I plan to also take it with me at time of delivery, but I'd like my desires documented.

What do you think and what would you do? Would you change doctors?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml