3rd Trimester

SO Frustrating!!

I woke up in the middle of the night with menstrual like contractions. I was kind of able to sleep through them though. My MIL is in town and when I got up she told me to start timing them. So I did and they were about 5 minutes apart. I waited until like 4 PM and the pain was so bad, me and DH went into Labor and Delivery. The nurse told me I was only 1-2 cm dilated and sent me home saying I wasn't in active labor yet. However the contractions have still not stopped, they are still 5 min or less apart and still VERY painful! I don't know when I am supposed to go back! If this isn't active labor, I don't know what it is! Plus I have been having non stop contractions ever since I woke up and it is now 8 PM. I don't know what to do! I am in so much pain! I am also Strep B positive, so I need antibiotics for 4 hours before I deliver, so I am scared of waiting too long. But I don't want to go back in there for them to just look at me dumb and be like we told you that you weren't in active labor. Please help!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml