3rd Trimester

question about gestational diabetes...size of baby

I've been diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes and I'm really nervous!  I am a FTM.  I've been eating so healthy this entire pregnancy and only gained about 13 pounds and I'm 31 weeks.  I am shocked that I have it... I am very thin, healthy, exercise... but I know that this has nothing to do with it and that it's just my body and hormones.  But I am still a little concerned.  I want to do what ever is best for my baby boy!  Anyway, I have so many questions....I meant to ask my doctor but I forgot.  The baby is measuring big already (85th percentile), and I'm wondering if once I get my blood sugar under control... will the baby's size level off and potentially be of average size by the time I reach my due date?  I'm concerned that he's so big already... and I know he will continue to grow lots in the next month or so.  I am hoping now that I am getting my sugar regulated, his size won't be an issue. I know that's what happens with gestational diabetes, you have big babies.  But I'm wondering if controlling the sugar will also help in controlling his weight gain?  But I am really not sure.  Has anyone with GD been told that their baby was measuring big when you were first diagnosed but once you managed your sugar; did you notice baby weight gain leveled off as the weeks progressed?
Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic image