3rd Trimester

Question for the shorter ladies

I'm only 4'11" and my doctor told me awhile back that there is a good chance the baby will run out of room sooner than later since my abdomen is so small.  I'm 36 weeks now and have noticed the past couple of days that I have an extreme amount of abdominal pressure, sometimes both upper and lower abdomen, but primarily in the upper abdomen.  It simply feels like the baby is all balled up in there and is pushing out so hard sometimes that it brings me to tears (today it lasted for hours).  I'm concerned about the lack of space that she seems to have in there already and can only wonder what kind of abdominal pressure I will have a few weeks down the road.

Are any of you ladies who are on the shorter side experiencing abdominal pressure/pain like this?  I know pressure is inevitable as the baby's space continues to become more cramped, but I never imagined it would be this painful!  I have mentioned all of this to my OB and was told that it is just due to me being shorter and her running out of room.  What are your thoughts/experiences with this?  TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml