3rd Trimester

Baby Shower Rant

Im getting alot of crap about my babyshower planning. Yes, Im planning it. Is this wrong? I could ask my MIL to plan it, but it would be a nightmare... shes a sweet lady, means well. but no. And by me doing the planning (With some friends organizing games or offering to do the cake) many think the only reason Im having a baby shower is to get STUFF. Cuz apparantly I already have too much stuff, so now I look greedy..

Im having it June 2nd. My due date is June 20th. So my shower is Pre-baby.
Many are annoyed by this, because they want to Meet the baby and buy gender specific guests (team green).
Im also making my baby shower a backyard bbq. Because it will be nice out, and we dont have alot of indoor space. Is this tacky?

But my boss, is even more pissed off about my shower! A. Because Ill be requesting a Saturday off for the shower (god forbid, I should have a weekend off)

B. She wants to go, but is pissed that Im not having it Post-baby. Not because ill be on mat leave by then, not because she wants to meet baby or buy gender-specific gifts. no. this is what she said
"You shouldnt have a baby shower before the baby is born, because you never know what might happen."
Later discussions it was her implying - my baby might DIE, so everyone should hold back on gift--giving.
Seriously?!! Who sais this?!

I feel like not having a shower at all!! Im not in it for the gifts, I actually am mostly looking forward to having all my friends get together and enjoy some good bbq. And I feel like telling my boss to stick it up her @ss and say "Fine, then dont go to my shower, wait around to see if my baby lives or dies first!"

* rips up mock invitations out of anger *

~?~ Chellezy ~?~ Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Cat tickers