Breastfeeding

Breast pumping questions from a June 2012 FTM

Hi!  I am having my baby in June and am in the market for a breast pump.  I plan on breastfeeding exclusively for at least 8 weeks (hopefully!) and then breastfeeding/pumping until at least 6 months.  I am torn between buying a Medela pump in style breast pump or a Ameda Purely Yours breast pump. I have heard that the Medela pump can grow mould and that the Ameda pump doesn't have the best suction and it is loud.

I am looking for a pump that is easy to use, easy to set up, and easy to keep clean. I won't be working while breast feeding, so portability is not an issue, and noisiness isn't either- to a certain extent. I don't want to be deafened by it!

I have read a lot of reviews and it is overwelming. I don't want to spend more that $250 (although less is better, obviously). I have looked at cheaper pumps as well, but again, am hearing reviews like "hard to set up", "poor suction", etc. I plan on having 2-3 children (this is my first baby) and would like a pump that I can use again and again.

Not interested in hand pumps- must be electronic.

What have you bought if you are planning on pumping? What other things about breast pumping have I not considered? What has worked for you?

Thanks for your expert opinions!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker