Breastfeeding

When can I do BM in a sippy? Fidgety nurser

DS has never been a great nurser. I still feed him every 2-2.5 hours because he just likes to snack, fidget, and look around. He has pretty much always been this way. He nurses really well for his last feeding of the day and maybe 1 or 2 times throughout the day (usually before naps). The rest of the time it feels like I am wrestling him because he would rather play. I tried stretching his feedings out longer but he still just snacks and then wakes more at night because he didn't get enough during the day.

He LOVES his sippy cup. So far I've only put a couple ounces of water in there while he has his solids twice a day. He would suck it all down in one sitting if I let him and usually cries when I take it away.

Would it be okay for me to pump in the morning, put it in a sippy, and let him sip on it throughout the day (obviously refrigerating it in between)? I just thought maybe that way I could stretch his nursing sessions out a little more so that he actually eats a decent amount. Does that even make sense?

Any experience/advice is appreciated!

(sorry if this is jumbled- I am fighting a horrendous cold and can't think straight!)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml