3rd Trimester

Repost from June board: Hospital bag tips

Hi ladies - I'm just putting a list together of all the things I still need to do before baby arrives (which is still a LOT!).  It also got me thinking of things I was happy to have when I was at the hospital with DS.  I had a fever during labour, and so they asked me to stay in an extra day.  I arrived at 7am Friday, had DS at 9:30pm, and wasn't able to go home until late Sunday afternoon.

Because of such a long labour, and getting little to no sleep, I really felt gross.  My mom bought me a pretty nursing shirt, but it was really comfortable, and a pair of comfy pants that still looked nice.  I was really happy to have a nice face wash, moisturizing cream and a bit of make up with me.  It's amazing what a nice clean change of clothes and a bit of make up will do for your spirits when you're feeling swollen and exhausted.  I literally felt like a different person once I was able to change out of the hospital robe and wash my face.

Also, once I started nursing, my skin got really dry.  My mom arrived on Saturday with a beautifully smelling thick body moisturizer that made me feel pampered. 

You won't feel 100% after having the baby, and little things like this went a long way. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml