3rd Trimester

Canadians: Q re EI waiting period

I've called service Canada a couple times to try to figure this out but the reps keep referring me back to the website that confused me in the first place, so I put this scenario to you and hopefully you can help

my last day of work will be April 27th. This will be within the April 15-28 pay period which I will receive on May 11th.

Additionally, I will be paid 10hrs worth of vacation pay on April 30th, which, due to pay periods, I won't receive until May 25th.

My understanding is that normally, the 2 week waiting period before receiving benefits would start as of April 27th - last day worked. However, since My work holds my paycheques back 2 weeks, EI will consider my 2ww starting after May 11th. meaning I won't start receiving EI benefits until roughly the first week of June.

What concerns me is that Vacation day on April 30th. The EI website indicates that if you receive vacation pay during you're 2ww, it will be deducted $ for $ from your first EI cheque. Ok, fine. But then after speaking with payroll/hr, due to that vacation day, my work won't send my ROE in to Service Canada until May 25th........

so when do I start getting benefits? When does my 2ww start? Are you as confused as I am? I'll certainly stick around to answer any clarifying questions you may have.
Nevermind me, I'm too distracted by my mini-carrots to think properly image
~Fitness Blog~
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker