3rd Trimester

Carseat Out of Stock!

I'm so frustrated with BRU and the baby industry in general for how much they discontinue and come out with new items so often.  I have had so many issues with trying to find a particular color/style that I like and then it turn out to be unavailable.  Dh and I had a hard time finding a gender neutral style carseat, stroller, etc that we liked bc he thought everything gender neutral looked boyish and we are having a girl.  I finally came across Graco Birkshire line which worked for both us.  So my shower is this weekend and my mother was planning on getting the carseat for me but its now out of stock!  I registered for it months ago! Its not just out of stock its off their website and also Graco's!  After calling both Graco and BRU I was told that this is not a discontinued item, (its newer) but that its out of stock bc its in production and they do not know when it will be back.  Its not even on BRU purchase order's for upcoming inventory.  Now here I am right before my baby is due with no car seat!  I searched online for hours and found maybe one or two other styles I like, but I really have my heart set on this one.  I registered for the whole matching set -carseat, stroller, high chair, pack n play -so people have probably already bought some of these items.  Why couldn't it have been any other item?? I need a carseat before she gets here!

Sorry for the vent!!