Breastfeeding

Holy First Period! (LO's almost 18 months)

Early in the Easter weekend I had pain in my ovaries (primarily my right), and even had pain while with DH. I'm not the type to run to the doctor for every little thing, but thought this was worthy of a gyno visit. (I was curious if extended BF-ing was causing a problem with my PCOS.) The internal exam and then ultrasound showed nothing.

Well, today aunt Flo showed up - LOL. I feel like such a wuss!!! I never had Mittleschmerz before, but I guess it's true that having a baby really does change everything! Oh, and did I mention that I was induced with Pitocin but went epi-free? (... slightly different since my body's designed to produce endorphines related to said pain ... but, still !!) Really, I am not one to usually be a wuss when it comes to pain.

So, yesterday was a day from hell nap-wise. LO fell asleep in the car about 5-10 minutes from our house. Once inside and after lunch, he did not boob to sleep for his one and only nap per day. Although, falling asleep before he normally does may have effected his ability to fall asleep later.
 Also, he did not boob to sleep for bedtime and was all wound up. He fell asleep listening to music in his room. I was up last night looking up the "18 month sleep regression" which may also be a factor.

How long should I worry about my period affecting my supply? Should it not matter as much since he's older, or should I (gasp) supplement?

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml