3rd Trimester

Is this a horrible idea?

So I've have not been eligible for my husband's insurance up until the last couple of weeks. He's in the military and we only recently married. I've been using my insurance. There's been no problem. I pay a relatively small amount for my premiums and have had zero out of pocket costs as far as my maternity visits go. However if I choose to have the baby using my insurance,  I would have to add he lo onto my insurance. The cost is quite high. I'm still debating whether or not I want to go back to work after baby's birth. If I don't go back, then I would have to pay all birthing costs out of pocket. I'm sure I could purchase insurance through COBRA for a ridiculous amount.

Anybow, I'm transitioning into being able to use tricare. There's still some paperwork that needs to be completed before I can actually be seen. I'll probably be into my 8th month. What I'm contemplating, which may seem completely crazy to most, is continuing going to my hospital but giving birth at the military hospital.

Is this a horrendous idea? If I choose to do this, I will try and at least set up an appointment or two  through the military hospital and have a copy of my medical records.

Im kind of worried about changing not only doctors but hospitals so late in the game. I've actually only seen "my" obgyn twice since becoming pregnant. I doubt she'll be the one to deliver, and frankly I don't really care, because I haven't really gotten to know her. I do like the hospital, however, and have always received great service. The military hospital is kind of notorious for bein less than par, but so far I've only heard positive things about the maternity care. LO will have to see a military pediatrician, as we're moving five months after her birth, and I will subsequent ally have to quit my job.

So ladies, am I crazy for even entertaining the idea of giving birth at a hospital I've had zero experience with at this point? Any opinions? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml