Breastfeeding

Mastitis is no fun

No fun at all. Yesterday, I thought it was a plugged duct. This morning it was harder and hotter than yesterday, so I called my Dr. and got an appointment this morning. Lo and behold, it's a case of mastitis. She prescribed an antibiotic and recommended bracing the breast to help with pain/move the clog down and out. We even bought a new pump last night. Our pump was a hand me down and starting to go. The new one got more milk out of the infected side, but still didn't get it all out. I thought for sure that LO would do some good work to it this morning at his first feeding, but he only ate 1.5 oz on that side and then would not keep eating.

Here's the question. LO is currently on a 4 hour feeding schedule. Obviously, he's not getting very much milk from me, so we have had to supplement with pumped bottles of milk from the freezer stash. I pump right after he takes that bottle of BM. Should I not be giving him pumped milk to supplement? How about just giving him an expressed bottle if he needs it at his bedtime feeding and then pumping extra long before I go to bed. I could also move him back to a 3 hour schedule or a 3.5 hour feeding schedule. 

I hate this. All of the issues I have had with breastfeeding have almost convinced me I am one and done.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml